We All Deserve To Be Seen
What if for you to be who you are, you will feel totally alone? On this episode C+C interview their friend Steph Miles, who they first met several years ago when she was a part of their "Let's Redefine Normal" campaign. As a proud part of the LGBTQ community, Steph is living her absolute best life, but she hasn't always felt comfortable doing so. Steph’s story is one of courage and love, and her words will help provide anyone with the strength they’ve been needing to be their truest self. For you to be who you are, you will feel totally alone.
Some key points we hope you take away from this amazing episode are…
- Always ask yourself: "What is good for ME?" and then... do that.
- Representation is crucial. Not just in the LGBTQ community, but in every community and around every corner. When you see who you are reflected in someone else, you feel seen.
- Coming out is something Steph has to do nearly every single day, and she has to evaluate if it is safe to do so. We have come a long way, but the world as a whole still has a lot of work to do to simply accept people for who they are.
- If you suspect that someone might be LGBTQ or feel the need to hide who they are, try to be open and don't "react" if they share news with you. Your love for those you love is unconditional, period.
- Don't assume anything. When we make assumptions were are subliminally teaching ourselves, others and our children, that there's a certain way that things must be, leaving them feeling unable to be who they are!
- We don't all fit in a box. Period. It's ok to be in a different place than someone or a have different opinion. But it's not all or nothing.
- Perspectives are shaped on life experiences. Let's stop judging each other so harshly and try to teach, learn and grow!
- Hard is not harder, it's just hard. It's all relative.
Colleen and Colleen want every person on the planet to be heard and feel seen. And not just that, but to be loved and respected for who they are. A huge thanks to Steph for her openness and honesty about her life story of becoming who she was born to be. May we all become who we were born to be, and never stop learning!
This is a must watch Ted Talk mentioned by Steph! Click here to watch & learn!
If you're looking for a show that's inspiring and mind and heart opening... you're welcome! Search for QUEER EYE on Netflix!
Fantastic LGBTQ Resources:
(just click on the image to go to any of the following)
Please leave us a review Please leave a review on either podcast channel to help us spread as much kindness as possible! ★★★★★ ☺
Take a screenshot of the podcast and post it on Instagram or Instagram Stories. Search #everykindco in GIFS and tag us @everykindco
We are 2 Colleens who share a passion to make the world a kinder place. We're so happy you're here!
We started recording our conversations.
Mondays get an undeserved bad rep.
There's always a lot more behind our messages.
We really like to make people smile.