Kind Over Matter
On this episode of You Fit Here, C+C discuss how and why we should put kindness above all of the frustrations, hardships & insanity getting back into the swing of things can be. If we can all remember at the end of the day that it is more important to be kind than it is to be right… we are getting somewhere. Kindness has a ripple effect unparalleled to any other, and over the past 6 years C+C have evolved and changed and grown a LOT. They have tried enough things to know what works and what doesn’t work for them personally, and in business. Today they want to share their favorite tips for how they get themselves back on track, and inspire you to do the same!
Here is a basic summary of their favorite tips to overcome change and make sure that kindness is always at the forefront:
- Get back into a healthy sleep routine. Or start one!!! The reasons are personal and also scientific. Sleep = 🙂 … RIGHT?!?! Babies, children, and teens need significantly more sleep than adults to support their rapid mental and physical development. But let’s not forget that as adults, we are also continually developing, learning and working… so we need to make sure we get sleep ourselves, too! (Gathered from Sleepfoundation.org)
- Newborns (0-3 months): Recommended: 14-17 hours
- Infants (4-11 months): Recommended: 12-15 hours
- Toddlers (1-2 years): Recommended: 11-14 hours
- Preschoolers (3-5 years): Recommended: 10-13 hours
- School-aged Children (6-13 years): Recommended: 9-11 hours
- Teenagers (14-17 years): Recommended: 8-10 hours
- Adults: Recommended: 7-9 hours
- Create and stick to your non-negotiables. Period.
- Be proactive vs reactive. No one likes to be on the lookout for that missing shoe or sock or heaven forbid, only clean uniform should it apply. Now is as good a time as ever to help your kids help get themselves organized.
- TAKE (or make) TIME TO… do what is important to you! What brings you peace? Gives you sanity? Makes you happy? You have to carve the time out, and communicate your needs to your people.
- Be productive! Everybody’s situation is different, but productivity is essential for a “kind over matter” mentality and a healthy lifestyle. Being prepared and making the best use of one’s time is a gift in and of itself.
Tune in to learn more about these tips and tricks to take on a challenging time with a focus on kindness… always!
Stay tuned to see if CB is ready to rock TikTok!!! Let’s be honest. It’s happening.
Please leave us a review Please leave a review on either podcast channel to help us spread as much kindness as possible! ★★★★★ ☺
Take a screenshot of the podcast and post it on Instagram or Instagram Stories. Search #everykindco in GIFS and tag us @everykindco
We are 2 Colleens who share a passion to make the world a kinder place. We’re so happy you’re here!
We started recording our conversations.
Mondays get an undeserved bad rep.
There’s always a lot more behind our messages.
We really like to make people smile.